Every author will tell you that their characters always have something of them inside, especially the characters that are dearest to them. I’m no different. While creating Jennifer, the heroine in To Die Once, I found it easy to build her personality with a lot of my likes and dislikes. Here are a few!
1. We both have a thing for red roses. Gotta love those!
2. We both love red, juicy, non-alcoholic wine. You guessed it–Macnellis’ our favorite!
3. I’ve had few encounters with horses. But those few times, I fell in love with them and hope to own some someday. Just like Jennifer did!
4. I’ve never visited Paris. But Jennifer did! I hope to someday.
5. When I travel, I love to take in the view. Hence the reason I made sure Jennifer and Rodrigo took a train trip from Rome to Anguillara Sabazia, just to enjoy the view!
… now you know!
To win a copy of To Die Once and get featured on my blog, simply leave a comment! This is seperate from the weekly 10 ebook-giveaway.
This post is also on facebook.
About the Book
Two men, one woman, a rosebush …
… a terrible past, an uncertain future
Jennifer, a woman unexpectedly trapped in a path of love and passion against everything she believes.
Rodrigo, a man set to get what he wants at the cost of what matters most.
Stefano, a man with a past, a story to tell and passion to offer.
Chidi, a friend in need, a friend indeed. Or not?
From a culture where good girls follow the norm and live as they’ve been told, Jennifer is no different from any other girl until by happenstance, she meets and falls in love with Rodrigo, a man who’s handsome, rich and foreign. Different. She has no idea who he is or what he does, and is swept into a world of romance and passion. It is not long before she discovers a shocking truth that shakes both her world and his.
Then he is gone.
Stefano shows up at a time when Jennifer has made up her mind about the rules of life. He thinks she’s beautiful and is in love with her. In a bid to convince her to give him a chance in her life, old memories once buried are brought to life. And the events that follow don’t leave anyone unaffected by the truth of the past that was left unsettled.
Meanwhile, Jennifer with her friend Chidi, find themselves on a self-discovery journey that has one of them raising questions.
Some just have to ask, where is God in all this?
… an inspirational romance, from Lagos to Italy.