Chidi is a character that I’m glad I discovered and kept. She actually turned out to be a hit, as some reviewers mentioned her as their favorite and, that her role blessed/inspired them. That made me truly happy, as I once contemplated removing her POV (point of view) from the story. Like Jennifer, she has a part of me, too. Here are our similarities!
1. We both have a deep sense of loyalty to God and our faith, and, place good sense over emotions most of the time.
2. We take care in whom we call friend and, believe in being loving, loyal, and supportive to anyone we call ‘friend’.
3. We both believe in telling the truth, especially to our loved ones, even when it’s not sweet.
4. We both had to come face-to-face with God’s grace to learn to be better gracious to others, and even with ourselves. I still struggle a lot of times to be gracious to myself.
5. We both find it really hard to trust someone who has had a ‘lying’ past, even after we’ve forgiven them. But thankfully, ‘we’ trust God, too! So when He says, ‘let go,’ we do!
… now you know!
To win a copy of To Die Once and get featured on my blog in June, leave a comment! This is separate from the weekly 10 ebook giveaway.
You can also find this post on facebook.
About the Book
Two men, one woman, a rosebush …
… a terrible past, an uncertain future
Jennifer, a woman unexpectedly trapped in a path of love and passion against everything she believes.
Rodrigo, a man set to get what he wants at the cost of what matters most.
Stefano, a man with a past, a story to tell and passion to offer.
Chidi, a friend in need, a friend indeed. Or not?
From a culture where good girls follow the norm and live as they’ve been told, Jennifer is no different from any other girl until by happenstance, she meets and falls in love with Rodrigo, a man who’s handsome, rich and foreign. Different. She has no idea who he is or what he does, and is swept into a world of romance and passion. It is not long before she discovers a shocking truth that shakes both her world and his.
Then he is gone.
Stefano shows up at a time when Jennifer has made up her mind about the rules of life. He thinks she’s beautiful and is in love with her. In a bid to convince her to give him a chance in her life, old memories once buried are brought to life. And the events that follow don’t leave anyone unaffected by the truth of the past that was left unsettled.
Meanwhile, Jennifer with her friend Chidi, find themselves on a self-discovery journey that has one of them raising questions.
Some just have to ask, where is God in all this?
… an inspirational romance, from Lagos to Italy.