On Saturday’s post, we mentioned the similarities between Rodrigo and Stefano, which added to the drama in To Die Once. Today, we’ll be looking at the differences! Here they are!
1. Stefano loved to nurture and grow plants; he especially had a love for a certain rosebush. Rodrigo, on the other hand as Jennifer put it, “would never go on all fours on soil.”
2. Stefano showed he was willing to exercise some patience in waiting for Jennifer; Rodrigo, on the other hand, loved to play “Lord of the Manor” and have his way as often as he could.
3. Stefano, from his intro into the story, was a Christian. Rodrigo was not.
4. Stefano had Chidi’s trust and support from the get-go. Chidi didn’t like, trust, or approve of Rodrigo.
5. Rodrigo liked to wine and dine in rich style. Stefano didn’t seem to have a problem with simple living–he seemed more on a mission! 😉
… now you know!
For a chance to win an ecopy of To Die Once and be featured on my blog in June, simply leave a comment. This is separate from the weekly 10-ebook-giveaway. You may also get To Die Once on Amazon and Kobo.
This post is also on facebook.
About the Book
Two men, one woman, a rosebush …
… a terrible past, an uncertain future
Jennifer, a woman unexpectedly trapped in a path of love and passion against everything she believes.
Rodrigo, a man set to get what he wants at the cost of what matters most.
Stefano, a man with a past, a story to tell and passion to offer.
Chidi, a friend in need, a friend indeed. Or not?
From a culture where good girls follow the norm and live as they’ve been told, Jennifer is no different from any other girl until by happenstance, she meets and falls in love with Rodrigo, a man who’s handsome, rich and foreign. Different. She has no idea who he is or what he does, and is swept into a world of romance and passion. It is not long before she discovers a shocking truth that shakes both her world and his.
Then he is gone.
Stefano shows up at a time when Jennifer has made up her mind about the rules of life. He thinks she’s beautiful and is in love with her. In a bid to convince her to give him a chance in her life, old memories once buried are brought to life. And the events that follow don’t leave anyone unaffected by the truth of the past that was left unsettled.
Meanwhile, Jennifer with her friend Chidi, find themselves on a self-discovery journey that has one of them raising questions.
Some just have to ask, where is God in all this?
… an inspirational romance, from Lagos to Italy.
To read the Savvy Saturday Weekly paper, go here.